$50 per day
(sorry, no same day rentals – only one pick up/drop off time per day – 11:00 a.m.)
No more carts, no more roof racks! Just pick up your canoe at the Murtle Lake lagoon and go!
all bookings are made via our new online rental calendar! Just click the Book Now! button above.
Murtle Lake is very remote – there is no phone or cell service.
You will need to meet our staff at the lagoon to pick up your canoes at 11:00 a.m.
- Canoe rentals must be pre-paid using PayPal – you do not need to have a PayPal account – just follow the steps on the PayPal link.
- No canoes are left on site. If you are more than 1/2 hour late for your meeting time, you may be considered a “no show”.
- Sorry – No single day rentals
- Taxes included in price; 5 dollar per person (6 and over) per night camping fee IS NOT included.
- There is a $20 charge for a lost paddle or jacket.
- Murtle Canoes is a fully insured operation of Blackwell Parks Ltd.
In order to be at the lagoon by 11 AM, you will need to leave Blue river by 9AM. The 25KM journey to the parking lot will take most of an hour, and you will need about an hour to get your gear loaded and down to the lagoon for 11 AM.
All rentals must be returned by 11:00 a.m. on the last day of your rental.
The staff who deliver your canoe are the same people who look after the campsites and trails on the lake. They need to be out patrolling and maintaining Murtle. Being late for your pick up or return time means they’re not available to do their primary job.
What happens if you are late picking up your canoe?
Late for pick up… we wait a half hour and leave… you must return at the next scheduled pick up time (11 a.m. the next morning)… and you’ll still be charged for the time you missed.
Note: Prices subject to change without notice.
The Fine Print
BC Parks Camping fees are NOT included in these rates. You will be required to register and pay in cash at the lagoon OR you can PREPAY your registration fee at https://secure.camis.com/DiscoverCamping/Backcountry/WellsGray-MurtleLake?Map
—– Camping fees are $5.00 PER PERSON PER NIGHT —–
(Kids under 6 free)